Want to join an exciting start-up and help revolutionize the aerial lift equipment parts industry? We're hiring several positions in the coming months.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Shipper / Receiver
Location: Oakville, ON
Reporting To: Manager, Procurement & Logistics
We are looking for a knowledgeable and organized shipper/receiver to ship, receive and record the movement of stock to and from our company.
Partsroom differentiates itself from competitors with a focus on quality, availability of a broad range of parts, and expedient delivery. The successful candidate will be organized and service driven, applying their solid knowledge of shipping and receiving in a timely and efficient manner.
Ideally, you will have 1-2 years of parts and/or aerial lift equipment industry (or related) experience and a good understanding of the shipping/receiving process.
Shipper/Receiver Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor lifts)
- Examines shipment contents and compares with records, such as invoices, packing slips, pick lists, sales orders and purchase orders to verify the completeness and accuracy of shipments
- Examines shipment contents to identify any damage or obvious quality issues
- Picks orders from inventory in accordance with specifications on sales slips or order forms
- Packs, seals and labels materials to prepare for shipping
- Arranges shipping for delivery of outbound parcels to customers
- Performs tasks in multi-temperature environments
- Adheres to shipping and receiving policies/procedures and regulatory compliance procedures
- Maintains compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and completes appropriate documentation as required
- Prepares documents such as bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials
- Updates computer systems with shipping and receiving information
- Determines shipping methods for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Contacts carrier representative(s) to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Confers and corresponds with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
- Orders and stores shipping supplies to maintain stock inventory
- Maintains shipping and receiving area
- Monitors inventory levels and inventory movement and assists management in identifying high moving parts as well as low moving parts, and suggesting inventory replenishment tactics and/or promotional opportunities
- Conducts regular inventory audits
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspects the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensures optimal layout of the warehouse and ensures efficient space utilization
Shipper/Receiver Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Accountable for achievement of corporate shipping turnaround KPI’s (e.g. 95% of orders shipped same day if orders received before 2:30pm).
- Accountable for ensuring our systems accurately reflect our physical inventory
- Responsible for receiving purchases in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring pending and partially fulfilled customer orders for any backordered items and takes appropriate measures/escalation to expedite receipt by Partsroom of these items. Ensures that these customer orders are shipped as soon as possible after successful receipt of the backordered items.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, standards and regulations
- Familiarity with computer hardware and use of ERP software sufficient to perform the following tasks: data entry, document management, label making, warehouse management, order processing, transportation management, procurement and electronic mail.
- Ability to efficiently utilize packing tools (e.g. tape guns, strapping machines), measurement tools (e.g. scales, measuring tape) and material handling equipment (e.g. dollies, forklifts, pallet jacks, scissor lifts).
- Attention to detail coupled with a focus on quality and accuracy
- A Shipper/Receiver should have the following skill sets: active listening, reading comprehension, instructing, coordination, time management, speaking, writing, mathematics, monitoring, social perceptiveness and critical thinking.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Keen interest to learn about Partsroom and our products.
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Providing service to others and working with co-workers in a friendly environment.
- Knowledge of either parts handling or aerial lift equipment (or related industry) is an asset.
- Knowledge of customs and tariff codes as they relate to trans-border shipping is an asset.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma. Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Experience with information systems and/or ERP software an asset.
- A forklift certificate is considered an asset.